In the south-western region of Pilanesberg Game Reserve, lies a piece of African history. A place protected by mountain peaks and surrounded by rolling grasslands; dotted with big game trails and backed by breathtaking natural views.
A haven called Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge.
Home to Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge, the malaria free Pilanesberg Game Reserve spans an area of 55,000 hectares. It is encircled by four rings of hills in one of the world's most impressive alkaline complexes, produced by volcanic action millions of years ago.
With healthy populations of black and white rhino, lion, leopard, elephant and buffalo, as well as a variety of rare and common species. Pilanesberg is renowned for its unique overlap of mammals, birds and vegetation, and Shepherd's Tree's exclusive use zone is a particularly fruitful region of the park.
And now you can make this rich piece of history a part of your life.
Shepherd's Tree comprises a main lodge, 13 spacious family suites, 4 luxurious executive suites, a well-appointed health and beauty spa, and a fully-equipped conference and business centre. Positioned side by side along the base of a spectacular ridge, the suites offer spectacular views into the African wilderness.
The suites are exquisitely designed and decorated in earthy African hues to allow for comfort, space and a sense of true escape. Each has a magnificent bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers, a private lounge and a kitchenette – not to mention air-con, plasma TV, mini-bar and coffee/tea facilities.
At the same time, the main lodge offers a stunning restaurant, a welcoming casual lounge and bar, a sparkling rim-flow swimming pool and entertainment deck, and a genuine outdoor boma for entertaining under the stars or against the backdrop of the setting sun.
Image Gallery | Click thumbnail to see a larger image. Click the large thumbnail to open the full-size image.
Residential Unit > Main bedroom
Shepherd's Tree, as the flagship of Cradle Hotels & Resorts (who also manages Ivory Tree Game Lodge in Pilanesberg) is committed to the highest levels of service intuition, personal attention and guest satisfaction – prioritizing standards that filter into every meal, game drive and activity.
Custom-built to ensure an optimal field of vision, our game vehicles promise unforgettable, informative encounters with the "Big Five", cheetah, giraffe, wild dog and diverse birdlife.
In addition, Shepherd's Tree is staffed by the region's most highly trained rangers and hosts, and each group of guests is assigned its own personal guide, tasked with interpreting the sights and sounds of the African bush.
Shepherd's Tree is also known for Cradle MindBodySoul, a health and beauty spa unlike any other. MindBodySoul presents an indulgent menu of treatment options, combining the latest in beauty and wellness technologies with the perfect harmony of nature.
In addition, Shepherd's Tree offers a fabulous kid's ranger programme and child care service – ideal for families with young children. This provides the adults with the freedom to savour uninterrupted game viewing experiences if they so please.
You're on holiday, so why not try an elephant-back safari, hot-air balloon ride, guided game walk, bird-watching, star-gazing, golf, horse-riding quad-biking, gym, tennis, squash, paintball, water-skiing, fishing or a wide range of excursions?
Price per share:
- 1 "G" Preference Share entitles the Shareholder to share in 10% of the net operating profits of the lodge = R 130,000.00 (One hundred and thiryy thousand rand) .
- Diamond Membership pertains to Investor Members and entitles them to use one Family Suite (two bedrooms) or Executive Suite (one bedroom) at incredible rates for 7 nights per year. Joining Fee = R 2,000; Annual Membership Fee = R 100.
The Rewards Programme
On issuing of the Dream Lifestyles Destination Club Membership Handbook, the Applicant will be required to complete a Membership Application, and upon acceptance, will be granted the rewards available.
- The Lodge comprises 13 spacious Family Suites (136m2) and 4 luxuriously finished Executive Suites (82m2), each with a kitchenette (self-catering optional), and a stunning fully-equipped Main Lodge (1,700m2).
- The Lodge therefore accommodates a total of 60 guests in 17 suites.
- The Lodge is managed by Cradle Hotels and Resorts Ltd.
- Members of the Destination Club will be entitled to a preferential room rate at either accommodation type at the Lodge.
- The Member can choose to either use their week's stay at the Lodge themselves or to rent out the week by placing it in the Rental Pool Programme to earn rental income.
- If they use it, they will be entitled to 7 nights use for the number of people the accommodation type allows per annum.
- Members enjoy Priority Reservations subject to availability.
- Children under 12 years of age will be offered a kiddies menu and enjoy the Bush Bumble activities programme.
- Members can enjoy more time in the Lodge if they pay multiple Preferential Room Rates, either in separate periods, in consecutive weeks or simultaneously with additional guests in separate suites.
- Annually the Member will pay their choice of Preferential Room Rate, which will provide each Member with an option of the level of service and exclusivity they wish to enjoy every year, from bed only to full board (which includes activities (game drives and/or game walks) and three meals (brunch, high tea and dinner) per person per day).
- All use time (40 years, maximum) at Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge is warranted by the managing agent of the land, North West Parks & Tourism Board.
- The Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge and its facilities, amenities and public areas – the restaurant, casual lounge and cigar bar, health & beauty spa, entertainment deck and swimming pool, conference centre, game/bird viewing areas, relaxation decks and other facilities form part of the reward programme.
- Future lodges, resorts, boutique hotels and private residences as well as lifestyle assets added to the Dream Lifestyles portfolio will be available to Members through the Use Exchange Programme, and all Members will be kept abreast of new developments.
The Use Exchange Programme permits Members to exchange their reservations with other willing Members, subject to availability.
Need more information?
Preferential Room Rate (paid annually):
Download the Table of Member Privileges and Fees
Charge to be reviewed annually. Members have the option to upgrade if they wish to enjoy a more inclusive level of service, i.e. meals, activities, spa treatments etc.
To subscribe for a share:
Please contact us for the Subscription Agreement for a "G" Preference Share.
Refer a Friend
Refer a friend / associate / family member to us and you can earn commission of up to 10% if they buy a share.
Download the Client Referral Form (coming soon)
Location and Access
Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge is located in Pilanesberg Game Reserve in the North West Province of South Africa. The lodge is approximately 18km by road from the internationally acclaimed Sun City, 205km (travel time ±2hrs) from Johannesburg, 155km (travel time ±1.5hrs) from Pretoria and 175km (travel time ±2hrs) from Gaborone.
The recommended route follows the N4 west before turning onto the R556, while following the Pilanesberg signs. Continue past Sun City entrance and Bakubung Gate turn-off, and proceed to the T-junction. Turn right and proceed along the road for 12km to the Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge entrance.
Download the Shepherd's Tree Tourist Rates Sheet